Amazon Web Services UK Limited
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar retail business. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and their companies with tools and services to be successful.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its presence in the EMEA region and we are looking for an AWS Security Assurance Lead who is passionate about security, privacy, compliance and working with customers to tackle complex compliance strategies leveraging AWS. The ideal Security Assurance Lead will have the security, policy, and compliance background to support the development of our EMEA Security Assurance Program and consultative acumen to engage our customer base in the region. This role, as part of the AWS Security, Risk & Compliance team, is a key liaison with our team, the public sector sales teams, AWS Solutions Architects, and our customer base; both public sector agencies/organizations as well as partners and customers. This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to understand IT processes and be able to drive innovative strategies for cloud adoption in the midst of complex and dynamic compliance and policy regimes.
This position will be responsible for:
– Liaising with customers, partners, and public sector agencies on AWS cloud adoption strategies in regulatory environments
– Developing industry-leading customer facing resources for compliance enablement
– Innovation of mechanisms to better meet customer needs and compliance requirements
– Performing impact and market assessments of emerging compliance programs
– Tracking and reporting on changes to security controls and requirements standards across the region
– Developing a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support the AWS compliance programs and guiding customers in strategies for documenting their control activities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Accounting/Auditing, or other related fields
– Several years of experience in security or compliance consulting or advisory work in in support of a highly technical environment
– Experience working with or consulting on cloud related compliance programs and initiatives
– Well versed in national policy standards, working groups, initiatives, and emerging guidance
– Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
– Hands-on experience working successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
– A record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies. Experience with IT process consulting is a plus.
– Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT process effectiveness and consistency.
– A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
– Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, and auditing IT processes.
– Experience in IT program or project management, IT auditing, and/or control framework development and implementation is also a plus.
– A strong understanding of software development lifecycles and modern transaction processing environments.
– Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls. Experience in working directly with auditors/regulators for these types of assessments.
– Experience defining certification roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule.
– Familiarity with enterprise productivity tools, such as SharePoint, Remedy trouble ticketing systems, etc.
– AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
This role can be based in the UK, Germany or Luxembourg.
You must sign in to apply for this position.