Cyber Security Expert
Asda are recruiting for a Cyber Security Expert to work as part of a global family of cyber security experts in one of the world’s largest companies. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team who can offer you a great working environment and flexible working.
We are looking for a cyber security expert with a genuine interest in the technical side of Cyber security who would succeed in a role that is not hands-on technical with the ability to thrive in an environment where change is rapid and constant with a high volume of work and challenge.
- Perform risk analysis reviews on systems and solutions giving clear direction on security control gaps, the risks they present, possible remediation and if appropriate options for accepting risks.
- Support in the delivery of PCI, ISO27001, GDPR and SOX compliance.
- Fulfil service requests and provide cybersecurity direction across all domains.
- Management of security incidents through their entire lifecycle.
- Build and manage relationships with multiple internal business stakeholders & Wal-Mart Global Cybersecurity.
- Take an on-going, pro-active role to drive the security awareness program for Asda colleagues.
- Deliver all work to the highest standard quality following and driving industry best practice at every opportunity.
- Deliver Cybersecurity awareness and adherence to policy, process and standards through existing and new mechanisms which you’ll create.
- Role reports to Head of Cybersecurity.
What you’ll need
- A proven track record in a similar role and the skills to fulfil the responsibilities in this role.
- A demonstrable knowledge in understanding existing and emerging security technologies particularly in the payment, mobile and ecom spaces.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of security risk analysis for technical solutions combined with an ability articulate them clearly both verbally and in written form.
- An in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience in the delivery of industry-related security frameworks and policies (e.g. PCI, ISO27001, GDPR & SOX).
- A customer focussed attitude with excellent communication and networking (people) skills.
- An unfailingly enthusiastic approach to work with controlled urgency and good-humour under pressure.
- A relish for challenging conversations with the ability to conduct them with calm authority but tenacious fervour.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- CISSP or similar preferred.
- Relevant Bachelors / Masters + relevant commercial experience OR 4+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent salary, car allowance, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- Flexible working
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…