Security Consultant – Job Description
Reporting to a Principal Security Consultant, the Security Consultant will be an active member of the Security Testing Practice. You will be an ambassador for the Practice and promote the Capita Cyber brand.
● Ensure your personal penetration testing qualifications remain up to date and in line with business needs.
● Act as a leader in engagements involving junior team members.
● Coach and mentor junior team members through exam preparation and study.
● Share knowledge and experience with other members of the Security Testing Practice team.
● Proven track record of delivering penetration testing services.
● Current senior penetration testing qualification, such as Crest Registered Tester or Tiger Qualified Security Team Member.
● 2+ years of penetration testing experience
● Ability to maintain UK security clearances as required by the business.
Behaviours and abilities
● Passionate about the security lifecycle.
● Ability to engage with senior executives of differing technical levels, and to encourage the buy in of our security ethos.
● Confidence, flexibility and ability to think creatively and offer solutions to complex problems.
● Ability to translate specialist, technical information into plain English.
· Proficient in at least one scripting language, Bash, PowerShell, VB, Python etc.
· Demonstrable experience of the use of penetration tools such as Nessus, Nmap, Metasploit, BurpSuite etc.
· Solid understanding of the suite of TCP/IP protocols and the OSI model.
· Ability to adapt to complex ever changing environments and to quickly understand, and exploit to your advantage, such environments.
· Proven experience of testing web applications, their platforms and technologies and methodologies used to create them.
· Solid experience of network and infrastructure penetration testing
· Proven experience of carrying out network device reviews
· Proven track record of carrying out ITHC’s for PCI DSS and PSN compliance.
You must register to apply for this job.