Since 1988, we’ve supported many of the world's top organisations to recruit, source and manage the highly-skilled talent they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive world. Proud to be different, our reputation has been built on our fair, open and flexible approach to doing business.
Harvey Nash is recruiting on behalf of a leading financial organisation based in Leeds. This award winning company is one of the UK’s leading organisations within their specific field. This client has a clear growth plan and competitive salary package making it an enviable place to work!
Our client is looking for an IT Security Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Head of Cyber/IT Security and a key member of the Technical Information Security Officer team (TISO), the IT Security Engineer performs an important responsibility to protect information assets by ensuring systems, infrastructure, networking and hosting services are secure with the provision and performance of effective IT security systems and processes across the Group network and business functions.
The IT Security Engineer will provide maintenance, development and 2nd/3rd line support of the IT security toolset, network and systems and perform vulnerability management, remediation, and ensure the development of secure and compliant IT and business solutions, secure design, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructure/services and Internal IT security consultancy.
You’ll need to evidence the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Excellent understanding of technical security processes, security operations, hardening techniques and secure cloud services ideally within the finance sector and within an international organisation.
* Good understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP, access-control lists, VLANs, VPNs, firewalls, WAF, MPLS, 2FA, Active Directory structures, PKI.
* Comprehensive understanding and experience of designing, configuring, implementing and deploying firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, Mobile Device Management and technologies based on IT / Cyber Security best practices
* Experience in configuring, operating and maintaining SIEM solutions and log management
* Experience in networking, troubleshooting, and analysis tools
* Experience in vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and patch management
* Identifying, assessing, reporting and mitigating technical security related risks within business processes, projects, systems, 3rd party and client engagements
* Experience of leveraging threat & vulnerability management sources for preventative security measures and controls
* Knowledge of industry standards eg: ISO 27001; PCI DSS; Cyber Essentials; ISO31000; and ITIL.
* Either a recognised Information Security / IT qualification, or working towards a relevant certification (eg: CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC, CISSP, CISA, CISM), or commensurate experience
* Secure configuration and support of outsourced services and Cloud service provision including eg: PaaS, SaaS, IaaS
* Strong experience of the systems and associated operations relating to SIEM, IDS / IPS, Vulnerability Scanning / Penetration Testing, Mobile Device Management.
* Working knowledge of network security, authentication mechanisms, wireless, encryption technologies, and networking protocols including HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, UDP and SNMP