IQVIA™ is focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA™ offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.
Reimagine healthcare with us.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SECURITY
Role Location: London, United Kingdom
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Information Security Associate Director role presents a dynamic opportunity to help the organization ensure the secure operation of the IQVIA global information technology (IT) infrastructure and processes through the establishment and governance over a global information security program. This role plays a significant part in our Global Information Security team and will provide an excellent opportunity to liaise with key external and internal stakeholders while strengthening our Information Security function.
You will be part of a global structure partnering with the IT community and business teams and delivering an ongoing IQVIA global information security program. You will be the lead of the information security governance work stream which is responsible for the development, documentation and deployment of governing policies, standards and procedures, as well as deployment of an ongoing user awareness program.
You will also find yourself working together with other members of the IQVIA Information Security team, and liaising regularly with other management teams at IQVIA, including CIO organization, Global and Regional Business Units. This is an opportunity to join and progress with a forward thinking department. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Manage the development and deployment of Global Information Security Framework
- Manage the development and deployment of Global information Security awareness program
- Manage the development and deployment of Global Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery program
- Coordinate the communication of alerts, information messages and awareness campaigns for information security
- Coordinate the definition and development of operational metrics and produce regular management information reports in relation to activities carried out by the Global Information Security team
- Participate in cross-functional assignments during implementation of information security program elements for business units and/or functions
- Manage the development and documentation of operational procedures in relation to services delivered by the Global Information Security team
- Provide support to other management teams across the company in establishing relevant mechanisms for providing information security guidance and advice
- Contribute to development of information security strategy including updates to the ongoing Information Security Program and annual plans
- Manage the identification, analysis, documentation and maintenance of documentation repository for IQVIA information assets and intellectual property
- Manage the development and maintenance of a repository of information security safeguards landscape at IQVIA, identifying potential gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate research on current industry trends, communicating updates and collating proposals for relevant adjustments to Information Security Program and annual plans
- Manage the Information Security Governance team including performance management, talent development and mentoring
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or other related areas
- A CRISC, M_o_R or equivalent professional certificate is mandatory
CISSP, CISM, CISA, or GIAC certifications preferred
- Any ITIL or project management certificates are not required but beneficial
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Information Security, Risk Management, IT Controls or other related areas, including minimum of 3 years in Information Security or Risk Management roles
- Working knowledge of IT governance frameworks and standards such as CobiT, ITIL, ISO27001
- Experience in delivering a program of work in a fast-pace business environment and liaising with multiple senior stakeholders in the organization
- Experience in information technology related positions with working knowledge of IT infrastructure, networks, databases, processing systems, web applications, mobile technology, cloud, big data and virtualization is beneficial
- Experience and commitment in delivering significant value to organization as a trusted advisor
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate across countries and cultures
- Excellent team player and collaborator
- Attention to detail combined with strategic perspective
- Ability to work under own initiative, and enthusiasm to drive through change and multi task
- Ability to exercise high level of confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information
- High level of accountability and ability to execute; experience of estimating and planning work effort including managing risks and issues in relation to delivery of work
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and development of team capabilities