Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.We’ve won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We’ve also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members’ needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.We’re not a bank – we’re a mutual, which means we’re owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
Leeds Building Society is looking for an IT Security Architect to join our IT Risk and Governance department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The IT Security Architect is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of technology architecture solutions supporting the IT Security Function. This includes being responsible for the day to day running of the Society’s security infrastructure and ensuring system policies are aligned to the information security framework. You will manage the design and implementation of IT security systems and policies ensuring adherence to industry standards/regulations and security baselines and conduct security vulnerability assessments, making recommendations and remediating where necessary.
- Continuous evaluation, development and improvement of the Society’s 1st Line security controls.
- IT Security system and controls architectural design and specification
- Manage IT Security projects, provide IT Security consultation and advice to business projects.
- Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling IT & Business strategy
- Contributes to short & long term security architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio
- Manage and develop system policy on all security systems
- Manage security monitoring, alerting and reporting on all key systems
- Conduct periodic assurances on system access on all key systems
- Conduct risk analyses of the Society’s IT systems and key processes
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities and develop mitigating solutions
- Respond to, investigate, resolve and document security incidents
- Considering IT and information security implications in day-to-day duties to ensure potential issues are reported and improvements in policies, procedures and controls are identified
Essential Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent education in technology related discipline.
- Significant experience in a medium/large organisation.
- One or more professional qualifications including CISSP, CISM, CISMP, CISA, SANS, CEH, TOGAF etc.
- Management or project/team lead experience desirable.
- Adept in report writing and present complex information
Experience in most of the following
- Security Architecture and design (TOGAF principles)
- Firewall rules configuration, alerts and reporting
- Intrusion prevention and detection (IPS & IDS)
- Windows Active Directory & Group Policy
- SIEM, Security Event Management
- Advanced Threat Prevention tools
- Enterprise Anti-Virus
- Device management
- Email Gateway and content filtering
- Internet Security Gateway and site/content filtering
- Data Loss Prevention tools
- Security Incident management
- Web application security
- Data discovery tools
- Email, File, Disk Encryption (PGP, TLS, PKI, AES)
- Secure Tokens, Certificates
- Domain Management and hosting
- Mobile Device management, BYOD
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans – bus and train
- Career Development
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.