With over 40 years’ experience working with professionals of all levels and organisations of all sizes, Lorien has an established reputation for delivering high quality, market-leading recruitment solutions
My client a top technology specialist is currently looking to recruit an Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant to join its team in Peterborough on a contract basis. The Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Act as technical SME for all Cyber Security requirements across the business.
- Act as a role model within the Information Security team, providing direction, leadership and confidence.
- Provide direction and support to the group in respect to security practices.
- Ensure Security controls are in place and acting effectively both within the team and across the Business Units.
- Identify areas of risk and propose/implement practices to improve maturity of security.
- Support the Cyber Security programme to deliver transformation roadmap.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert for Cyber Security across the Group.
- Appropriate levels of internal and external security testing applied.
- Act as Line Manager to a small but dedicated team of Information Security professionals.
- Security incidents are analysed and appropriate actions are taken.
- Information Security & Cyber Security controls are effectively and consistently executed and aligned to industry best practice.
- Any audit and security test recommendations are tracked and managed to remediation.
- Provide design assurance input across the business on security matters.
- Evaluate tools and technology to ensure security posture is maintained.
- Act as the technical escalation point within the business for security.
- Provide technical input in response to 3rd party due diligence requests
- Identify areas where security should be improved to reduce risk to business activity
- To gather, interpret and present predefined Management Information relevant to security
- Ensure all staff are aware of their security responsibilities and that metrics are in place to measure awareness/compliance
Key experience for the Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant:
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, being able to communicate complex ideas clearly
Results and quality driven.
- Information Security and Cyber Security technical consultancy experience
- Flexible, innovative and proactive
- Personable with a high level of professionalism
- Recognised technical industry qualifications such as GIAC or OSCP are highly desirable