Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant
With over 40 years’ experience working with professionals of all levels and organisations of all sizes, Lorien has an established reputation for delivering high quality, market-leading recruitment solutions
My client a top technology specialist is currently looking to recruit an Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant to join its team in Peterborough on a contract basis. The Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Act as technical SME for all Cyber Security requirements across the business.
- Act as a role model within the Information Security team, providing direction, leadership and confidence.
- Provide direction and support to the group in respect to security practices.
- Ensure Security controls are in place and acting effectively both within the team and across the Business Units.
- Identify areas of risk and propose/implement practices to improve maturity of security.
- Support the Cyber Security programme to deliver transformation roadmap.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert for Cyber Security across the Group.
- Appropriate levels of internal and external security testing applied.
- Act as Line Manager to a small but dedicated team of Information Security professionals.
- Security incidents are analysed and appropriate actions are taken.
- Information Security & Cyber Security controls are effectively and consistently executed and aligned to industry best practice.
- Any audit and security test recommendations are tracked and managed to remediation.
- Provide design assurance input across the business on security matters.
- Evaluate tools and technology to ensure security posture is maintained.
- Act as the technical escalation point within the business for security.
- Provide technical input in response to 3rd party due diligence requests
- Identify areas where security should be improved to reduce risk to business activity
- To gather, interpret and present predefined Management Information relevant to security
- Ensure all staff are aware of their security responsibilities and that metrics are in place to measure awareness/compliance
Key experience for the Information Security Cyber Technical Consultant:
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, being able to communicate complex ideas clearly
Results and quality driven.
- Information Security and Cyber Security technical consultancy experience
- Flexible, innovative and proactive
- Personable with a high level of professionalism
- Recognised technical industry qualifications such as GIAC or OSCP are highly desirable