Morson Group is a unique blend of engineering recruitment and design consultancy. Since 1969 we’ve helped engineers worldwide to find their perfect job, and helped companies to find the right people for their business. We also provide leading engineering and design solutions to major capital projects using the latest technology and systems. The group is made up of three main subsidiaries, Morson International, Morson Projects and Vital Human Resources.
Senior SOC Analyst, Security Operations Centre, SIEM, IBM QRadar, SC Clearance, Cyber Security, Cyber Analyst, Security Event Analyst
Senior SOC Analyst required for our client based in the Doncaster area for an initial 2 month contract. Senior SOC Analyst will join an established team providing secure network solutions and support the creation of the Cyber Security Operations Centre to support customers.
Due to the secure nature of our client’s project, the successful candidate must either hold valid SC Clearance or be willing to undergo prior to the commencement of the project.
Senior SOC Analyst Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of information security policies, standards and procedures with the provision of advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other functions.
- Provide support to multi-disciplinary bid teams, architects and infrastructure teams, ensure that security and monitoring requirements are determined and implemented to ensure that data is available for monitoring to the appropriate levels across the estate.
- Perform security risk, vulnerability assessments, and business impact analysis and accreditation for medium complexity information systems on a range of industrial control systems and architectures.
- Be the lead engineering/analyst for QRadar as the core SIEM by implementing the security detection strategy to detect the most sophisticated threats, thinking beyond a traditional SIEM to continually improve and enhance the SIEM beyond security event detection.
Senior SOC Analyst Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a SOC centre at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience with QRadar or equivalent
- Knowledge of security policies and procedures
- Programming skills such as C++, Python etc.
- Familiarity with industry best practice & guidance on managed cyber security services
- Practical knowledge of the IBM QRadar platform and industry standard toolsets for vulnerability management, threat intelligence, and incident management.
- Familiarity with methods and techniques used in ethical security hacking/penetration testing and with the tools and techniques used by malicious hackers
- Data analysis experience and skills, particularly in big data platforms.
- Competent at writing SOC processes and procedures
- Experience of handling security related incidents and work requests
- Knowledge and experience of Computer Forensics
- Strong understanding of network monitoring and packet analysis tools, Internet protocols, networking principles and OS concepts and technologies.