Sanctuary Housing Association
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Cyber Security Analyst
£36,225 per annum (rising to £39,253 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – subject to April pay review
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for detecting, investigating and responding to threats and alerts to Sanctuary Groups IS systems in order to provide a strong defence against cyber threats. This will include planning and implementing security measures to protect our computer systems, networks and data.
The role of Cyber Security Analyst will include –
- Performing vulnerability and risk assessments of our IT systems, solutions and services, delivering remediation or recommendations where appropriate
- Configuring security infrastructure solutions such as Firewalls, Web and email filtering, DLP and Endpoint security
- Developing and implementing SIEM and IDS/IPS rules and tuning
- Recording and responding to incidents raised and maintaining accurate investigation and case management records
- Keeping up to date with IT security best practices, developing and championing the activities required to ensure that our systems and processes evolve with the changing nature of IT Cyber security risks and threats
- Liaising and building rapport with customers, external suppliers and other key stakeholders
Skills and experiences –
- A proven track record within a similar IT/Cyber Security focused position
- Any security certifications would be advantageous but not essential
- Possess a good understanding of security processes and technologies including; Threat Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment and Security Monitoring
- Demonstrable experience of SIEM configuration and threat detection
- Must be familiar with a range of security technologies including but not limited to: Access management, Data loss prevention, Network and application firewalls, Email and Web filtering solutions, Endpoint security protection, Privileged access management, IPS/IDS
- Ability to effectively communicate Security risks and impact to various business stakeholders
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities