Skipton Building Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do. The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers. We have recently been placed 58 in the Times 100 best companies to work for which is something we are extremely proud of.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our expanding Security & Governance team at Head Office in Skipton. As an IT Security Officer, you will support delivery of first line IT security responsibilities and provide practical support, guidance, challenge and monitoring of controls across IT and the Society.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
The key responsibilities of the role are to support the IT Security Manager by:
- Providing IT Security subject matter expertise on projects.
- Maintaining an active awareness of emerging security threats in relation to the Society and escalating identified areas of risk.
- Performing hands on security testing and coordinating third-party security tests including the management of identified vulnerabilities.
- Being able to clearly identify and articulate IT security risks to ensure buy-in.
- Actively participate in the IT Security Group, championing improvement and ensuring oversight of policies, standards and processes.
- Delivering high quality written and verbal output when required to support regular reporting and the Security & Governance roadmap.
- Taking ownership of your own development needs and personal objectives.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have relevant experience in a similar IT Security or Information Security role.
- Have a good technical understanding, being able to clearly detail security findings to supporting teams.
- Have a working knowledge of the Society’s security standard ISO27001.
- Have an awareness of PCI DSS and of securing SaaS/Cloud based solutions.
- Have the drive to ensure that vulnerabilities and risks are appropriately managed and understood.
- Have the ability to complete tasks using own judgment with limited supervision.
Holds or is actively working towards an appropriate qualification e.g.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Or other relevant academic or professional security qualification.