We truly believe that our business is only as good as the people in it, that’s why we continually invest a lot of time and money into developing our team. Our dedicated learning and development coaches help every single person map out a future career path that is achievable and that they can stick to.
Whether it’s a professional qualification, workshops from some of our partners or on-the-job training, there are plenty of opportunities for you to hone and develop new and existing skills to make sure you’re the best that you can be.
Senior IT Security Analyst/Engineer
£45,000 – £55,000
A hands-on role that requires a high degree of technical IT security knowledge, the role is split between day to day security operations and project delivery.
The role will ensure that the day to day IT security systems, measures and controls are monitored, maintained, kept up to date and running optimally, supervising junior team members performing these duties.
The role will work on various projects either as part of a wider project team where they may be the IT Security subject matter expert or individually to implement new security systems and services.
- Act as a second line within the IT Security team, responding to escalated alerts from information security tools, the Security Operation Center and the incident/request ticketing system.
- Respond to security incidents and drive communication, containment and remediation activities as well as any follow up actions required to prevent or minimise recurrence.
- Supervising the execution of scheduled operational security tasks utilizing various services and tools.
- Monitor various threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact the company’s installed services or infrastructure.
- Provide ongoing technical management of security related systems such as IDPS, DLP, Antivirus, network behavioral analysis tools etc, ensuring they are appropriately updated and configured considering latest threat information.
- Running the Groups ‘Vulnerability Management Program’, identifying weaknesses within the organisations security posture and managing/implementing mitigation/remediation.
- Support project work and ensure appropriate security measures are implemented within new services (including those integrated via merger/acquisition activity as well as new services)
- If required, to be part of an on-call Rota to be a point of escalation for the Security Operations Center to provide 24×7 support.
- Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
- Follow core processes and procedures such as change control and incident logging
- People, project and budgetSupervision and mentoring of junior IT security operational staff
- Strategic Awareness and understanding of the wider security landscape and direction.