There are currently no vacancies.
A Security Operations Manager, sometimes known as a Cyber Operations Manager, Security and Business Continuity Manager or simply Ops Manager, is a senior level management role.
They are responsible for overseeing the overall operations of an organisation with particular regard to IT, Information and Data security, often including business continuity.
This important role covers strategic oversight covering all elements of IT Security in an organisation. As well as day-to-day operations you may also be responsible for strategic vision, scoping of requirements, system design, applications development, production implementation, incident response, budgetary control and adherence to any necessary protocols, regulations or legal requirements.
You will likely have a good many years of relevant experience obtained within a variety of IT Security related roles. Your in-depth knowledge will enable you to effectively manage all major aspects of IT, Data and Information Security within your organisation.
The ultimate responsibility of overseeing the design, testing and Implementation of all IT Security solutions within your organisation may rest with you. Oversight of your organisations day-to-day operations, including the maintenance and monitoring of your organisations live environments, will also likely be yours.
You will likely need skills in strategic planning, staff leadership and development plus issues relating to training.
This senior role will involve you in strategic decision-making, system implementations, and the adoption and testing of new processes and procedures which improve the security and robustness of your organisational infrastructure and associated IT systems.
As Security Operations Manager you will oversee key staff working to identify and safeguard your organisation from intrusion, security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits. You will likely be responsible for both staff and the management processes keeping your organisation secure.
You will be responsible for your organisations Data, IT and Information Security plus any new software or hardware upgrades relating to its IT security.
More specific Security Operations Manager responsibilities may include:
1) Definition and Scoping or IT Security requirements, creation and execution of all IT and Data Security related strategies enhancing the reliability and security of your IT systems, projects and data.
2) Overseeing teams that you are responsible for, allocating your resources to ensure that projects are delivering secure and robust IT solutions for the agreed IT Security needs.
3) Oversight, planning and execution of any required vulnerability audits, penetration tests or forensic IT audits or related investigations. You will need to ensure that any findings are fed into projects improving your organisations overall IT Security.
4) Your role will likely encompass liaison with senior level directors and other key stakeholders plus managers, analysts, programmers and other IT Security risk-assessment professionals within your team.
5) Integration of IT Systems Development with regard to IT Security.
6) Oversight of the organisations overall IT, Data and Information Security policies.
7) Involvement in arranging staff training in security awareness skills. You will confirm that associated protocols, methodologies and procedures are implemented successfully.
8) Compliance with any government’s standards and related legislation, such as the Data Protection Act and ISO standards.
9) Budget forecasting, financial forecasts relating to your organisations IT, Data and Information security.
10) Managing any new hires, day-to-day dispute resolution, staff redundancy and termination of staff if required.
11) Management of partners, key stakeholders, vendors or third party service and solution providers.
What hours will I work?
The role of Security Operations Manager is usually a daytime job, working an average 40 hours per week although, as a senior level employee, you may sometimes be expected to work above and beyond these hours when required to do so.
Many employees will desire a Bachelors degree in a related field such as Computer Science, IT or a Cyber-Security related field, but this is not a necessity.
For this senior level role, a relevant Masters Degree would be helpful.
What can you expect to earn as a Security Operations Manager? The position of an IT Security Operations Manager is a senior level role. Salaries will naturally vary depending on your length of experience, qualifications, the organisation and sector.
According to SimplyHired* average Salary expectations for the role of Chief Information Security Officer is $75,000 or £57,692 at a conversion rate of 1.3 for USD/GBP
Sources: * SimplyHired – http://www.simplyhired.com/salaries/search?q=security+operations+manager&l=