Cyber Security Risk Manager
La Fosse Associates Ltd Technology, Digital & Change Recruitment, Done Differently. We treat everyone with care and respect. It's the right thing to do. And it's good business.
Senior Vice President – Cyber Security
Experis Ltd We're Experis. We're the professional resourcing arm of ManpowerGroup and the largest IT recruiter in Europe; placing more than 38,000 experts into IT, Finance and Engineering roles every day. We're a different kind of talent company. Few companies can match our scope, our history of success, or our enviable reputation as the global leader in professional talent and workforce solutions. That's why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turns to us for the professional talent that will set their business apart. We pride ourselves on our ability to make a difference to individuals, communities, and organisations. Social responsibility really is at our core; and we are committed to developing socially inclusive work environments for the long term. In fact, our commitment to sustainability has been recognised in a number prestigious organisations, including the Ethisphere Institute, who named us as being one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years, and Fortune Magazine, who listed us as one of the World's Most Admired Companies for 14 years in a row.
Cyber Security Technical Delivery Manager
Deerfoot Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. We are keen to build strong relationships with IT consultants based on providing a transparent and supportive service. Now in our 20th year we pay promptly and are a stable contracting partner in good financial health.
Cloud Security Architect Management Consultant (Cyber/CISSP/AI)
Anson McCade Anson McCade is a specialist recruitment agency focusing on 4 sectors: Quant Research, Trading & Risk; Digital & Data Analytics; IT & Cyber Security; Business Change & Transformation and Strategy. Opportunity is our driving force. In an ever changing business landscape, the need for exceptional, agile talent is crucial to an organisation’s success over the long term. We specialise in sourcing the best, most relevant individuals possible. Our consistent success in doing so has resulted in a portfolio of very high end clients, many of whom we have worked with for over 5 years, some well in excess of a decade. Anson McCade have been instrumental in the growth of some of the world’s leading organisations and most innovative start-ups. Our consultants are industry experts who understand the challenges that many organisations face in today’s frenetic and unpredictable technical and business climate as well as the diversity, variance and mix of ambitions and expectations of the candidates we work with. As a result Anson McCade has been recognised as being instrumental in the growth of some of the world’s leading organisations and most innovative, cutting edge start-ups.Anson McCade have offices in London, Belfast, Paris and Sydney. While our core markets are reflected in the office locations we also operate extensively worldwide with our other significant centres being New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and Western Europe.Follow us for the latest news, industry insights and advice on how to grow professionally and reach your career goals.
IT Security Manager
Serco Serco operates in six sectors of public service provision: Health, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Defence, and Citizens Services.IT Services, as part of Corporate Shared Services, is a highly diverse and continuously evolving business. Part of its success is dependent on providing high quality core support services to the wider Serco Group.
IT Security Manager
Genius Recruitment We believe in helping smart businesses grow with smart people.This means our focus is on building the right tools and strategies to help you find the best people for the lowest price in the shortest time. It’s that simple.
Cyber Security Senior Manager Scotland
PwC With offices in 158 countries and more than 236,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for, by delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Cyber Security Manager
ITV ITV, as an integrated producer broadcaster, creates, owns and distributes high-quality content on multiple platforms.
Vulnerability Management Cyber Security Lead
Nationwide Nationwide Building Society is a British financial institution with over 160 years of expertise and experience looking after the interests of its members. As the largest building society in the world, Nationwide has mutual (as opposed to Public Limited Company) status. Simply put, that means that we're owned by and run for the benefit of our members.
Senior Manager, Security Assurance EMEA
Amazon Web Services UK Limited Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar retail business. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and their companies with tools and services to be successful.
What is a Security Manager?
A Security Manager is a mid level management role, also known as an Information or IT Security Manager, they are responsible for the overall management of an organisations IT Security.
The job role will cover the management of everything to do with IT Security with involvement from initial scoping of requirements, through design, development and implementation right through to day to day management of the teams responsible for keeping the organisations IT Infrastructure secure.
An IT Security Manager will likely have many years of relevant experience in various IT security related roles, giving them a depth of knowledge which will enable them to effectively manage all aspects of Information Security at an organisation.
You may be responsible for designing, testing and Implementation of IT Security solutions as well as on-going maintenance and monitoring of live production environments.
The work may involve maintaining security software and integrating new security into an organisation using various tools and techniques including firewalls, spyware, malware detection and intrusion detection systems.
What are the typical job duties for a Security Manager?
The job will involve the creation and execution of system implementations covering strategies, processes and procedures impacting on the reliability and secure of IT projects.
As an IT Security Manager you will manage teams working to identify and safeguard the organisation against any security threats, weaknesses, bugs or exploits. The role covers managing the management process of keeping your organisation safe and secure in a world facing ever more cyber threats as time goes by.
The role will likely include overseeing your organisations software and hardware modifications and other changes that will ultimately improve overall data security.
You will most probably have an important role in defining, implementing and maintaining corporate security policy and procedures by effectively managing those responsible for IT Security related project delivery across the entire project lifecycle.
More specific Security Manager responsibilities may include:
1) Involvement in the creation and execution of strategies that will enhance and increase the reliability and security of IT projects
2) You will manage teams delivering secure and robust IT solutions to identified problems.
3) You will manage the creation of vulnerability audits, penetration tests, forensic IT investigations and related outcomes improving overall IT Security.
4) Depending on the organisations structure, you may have the responsibility of managing teams with diverse skill-sets from support staff, programmers and analysts through to security auditors, architects and consultants.
5) Liaison with senior management, key stakeholders, programmers and other risk-assessment professionals will likely be a key part of your role.
6) Training in the latest security awareness skills together with any associated protocols, methodologies and procedures are likely responsibilities.
7) You will manage your organisations compliance with necessary legislation, such as the Data Protection act and other government regulations as they come in to force.
8) You may need to manage staff and ensure that organisational security and clearance procedures are adhered to.
9) You will have a lead role in the identification and selection of new security technologies, partners, vendors and third party service or solutions providers in the IT Security sector.
10) As IT Security Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that projects budgets and resources are managed effectively, ensuring that you organisation always achieves a favorable return on it investment in any solutions that it adopts.
What hours will I work?
The job of Security Manager is usually a daytime role, working an average 40 hours per week. Short-term IT Security Manager Contractors and Consultants may be paid a day rate where any additional work is chargeable.
What skills do I need?
- Man management experience gained in a similar organisation
- Project management skills
- An up to date working knowledge of IT Security related hardware, software and vendor solutions
- An overall understanding of relevant scripting and source code programming languages, such as C#, C++, .NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python or Ruby On Rails etc. that your teams will be using
- Practical experience using computer operating systems such as MS Windows, UNIX/Linux
- An analytical mind with the ability to quickly get to the root cause of issues
- You will need to be organised, efficient and able to work unsupervised under your own initiative
- Good team-worker
- Good written and verbal communication skills
What qualifications do I need?
Many employees will desire a Bachelors degree in a related field such as Computer Science, IT or a Cyber-Security related field, but this is not a necessity.
Security Manager Salary
What can you expect to earn as a Security Manager? The position of an IT Security Manager is a senior level role. Salaries will of course vary depending on your experience, qualifications, the organisation and sector plus whether you are employed on a full-time, short-term Contractor or Consultant basis.
According to Payscale* Salary expectations for the role of Security Manager are $73,053 – $152,674 or £56,194 to £117,441 at a conversion rate of 1.3 for USD/GBP.
Sources: * Payscale – http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Information_Security_Manager/Salary
Other types of Cyber Security Jobs: